Travelling with pet Cats and Dogs from
Sri Lanka to the Australia
Taking Pet Cats and Dogs from Sri Lanka to Australia
Transporting Pet Cats & Dogs from Sri Lanka to Australia
As per the current regulations set by the Government of Australia, it is not possible to transport your pet child directly from Sri Lanka to Australia as Sri Lanka has been classified as a Non-Approved country (High Risk Country). Nonetheless, the Government of Australia has prescribed a solution for pets travelling from Non-approved countries such as Sri Lanka to Australia.
We at Pet Express have safely transported so many pets from Sri Lanka to Australia during the past so many years. So rest assured.
Here is the very complex process in a nutshell
- Microchip + Primary Rabies vaccine & other vaccines
- Complete a minimum 30 days and do the Rabies Neutralising Antibody Titre Test (RNATT) at an OIE approved Lab
- Fly the pet to an approved group 2 or 3 country. We recommend Singapore (group 2)
- Once we have the RNATT test results we can apply for a quarantine spot in Singapore. At the time of applying, the earliest available quarantine spot at AVS Sembawang will be anywhere between 6-10 months away.
- Based on the booked quarantine dates, we will fly your pet from Sri Lanka to Singapore.
- The pets need to stay in Singapore for minimum 210 days. (the first 30 days will be at quarantine & another 180 days minimum residency in Singapore)
- Veterinary services will be carried out during the stay in Singapore as per DAWE Australia.
- Once the pet fulfils all entry regulations set by the Government of Australia and once the import permit is granted by DAWE Australia; we will fly your pet from Singapore to Melbourne (MEL), Australia.
- Please note that Melbourne is the only entry point for pets arriving in Australia & Tasmania.
- Your pets will be subject to 10 days mandatory quarantine upon arrival in Melbourne before being released.
- If required we can transport your pet child to another city in Australia thereafter.
Experts in Moving Pets from Sri Lanka to Australia
Our valued customers are assigned their dedicated pet travel consultant who helps you through each stage of the procedure. So when you are interested in relocating your precious pets from Colombo, Sri Lanka in to Australia, our expert team will hold your hand from start to finish.
Our Services when moving pets from Sri Lanka to Australia include the following
Difficulty Level for Dogs entering Australia
Statistically speaking, some of pet dogs originating from Sri Lanka are not eligible to enter Australia as they fail at least one blood test. (Leishmaniasis, Brucella canis etc).
Even if your pet dog had one of the above mentioned disease many years ago, there is a good chance that your pet still has antibodies in their blood.