Travelling with pet Cats and Dogs from
Sri Lanka to United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Taking Pet Cats and Dogs from Sri Lanka to United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Travelling with Pet Cats and Dogs from Sri Lanka to United Arab Emirates (UAE)
When exporting pets from Sri Lanka to United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc.), we at Pet Express can handle the complete relocation process and offer a premium door-to-door pet moving service. We closely work with accredited partner offices in Dubai and in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Experts in Moving Pets from Sri Lanka to United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Our valued customers are assigned their dedicated pet travel consultant who help you through each stage of the procedure. So when you are interested in relocating your precious pets from Colombo, Sri Lanka in to United Arab Emirates (i.e. Dubai, Abu Dhabi) our team will hold your hand from start to finish.
Information about the import conditions could be discussed directly with your assigned pet relocation consultant at Pet Express.
Our Services when moving pets from Sri Lanka to UAE includes
Customized Pet Travel Services
Information about the import requirements could be discussed directly with the PET EXPRESS – Sri Lanka Team. To set up your free consultation please contact us.
when moving pets to UAE
- The Animal Health and Development Department will review the annexes herein and amend them and study the alternatives of the requirement in accordance to the updates of OIE guidelines and import risk assessment.
- It is not allowed to import the Dog breeds set on annex number (1) with an exception for the import requests for the governmental institutes of security and defence.
- For trade import purposes, it is required to obtain an animal activity license from the Ministry.
- Governmental authorities are exempted from the animal activity license condition to allow them import cats and dogs.
- Personal import is allowed for maximum quantity of 2 cats or 2 dogs or one cat and one dog annually.
- It is allowed to same animal to enter and exit in a condition, it is identified by a permanent identification tool and comply with the health conditions mentioned in this resolution
- Countries will be classified to risk level of Rabies into the following groups:
- Low risk Countries: They are listed in annex (2) herein, not recorded rabies cases during a minimum a previous period of two years according to the OIE periodic reports on condition that Rabies is a notifiable disease.
- High risk Countries: They are the other Countries that don’t comply with the conditions set in paragraph 1.a of this article (i.e. Sri Lanka).
- The Animal Health and Development Department will review and amend the Countries classification in annex number (2) herein in the following cases:
- Alteration of the health situation of the exporting Country that requires amendment in risk level.
- Any future amendment in health conditions or in the health measures which mentioned in the Health certificate model set in annex number (3) herein
- A prior import permit shall be obtained from the Ministry for importing cats and dogs.
- Cats and dogs will shipped in the luggage compartment rather than with the passengers and according to IATA conditions for pet animal transport.
- The cats and dogs must be identified with a permanent microchip, and the chip number in the health certificate must conform with the chip number. which the animal bears.
- The imported cats and dogs shall be accompanied with the following:
(a)Authorized health certificate issued from the competent veterinary authorities in line with health certificate model provided in annex number (3) herein.
(b)Vaccination document or passport which must include the animal microchip number , animal full description ( species – color – sex – date of birth – any other distinguished marks ) and fully meet all vaccinations in annex number (4)herein , and including vaccine name , manufacturing company , batch number , vaccination date , vaccine labels and any treatments given to the animal.
(c)In case of import from a high risk Country, Testing certificate from a laboratory approved by the competent authorities in the exporting country done during a minimum period of 12 weeks and not more than 12 months prior to shipment date showing that the animals have been subject to ( Antibody Titration Test) for rabies after a period not less than 21 days following the last date of basic ( Initial) vaccination or that was after a booster dose in a previous valid vaccination period with a minimum level of ( IU/ml 0.5) . This certificate can be substituted by recording the test result in the health certificate in paragraph 4-(a) of this article.
5. The minimum age of an imported animal from the low risk countries will be 15 weeks in a condition that his age not less than 12 weeks when vaccinated and in accordance to the manufacturing company and minimum age of 27 weeks from the high risk countries.
6. Consignments of cats and dogs will be shipped directly from the exporting country and in case that the consignment will cross any other country, it must not mix with other pet animals during transit and that will be attested in the annex of the health certificate
7. In case an animal arrives from a high risk Country through a low risk Country of rabies, it must stay a minimum period of 6 months in the import country or undergoes the antibody Titration test for Rabies after a minimum period of 21 days following the last date of basic (initial) vaccination or was vaccinated during a previous valid vaccine period with a minimum level of (IU/ml 0.5).
8. Cats and dogs must be transported in clean boxes or cages.
9. Animal welfare Legislation and standards must be considered.
Cats and dogs residing in UAE
To obtain an import permit for returning cats and dogs residing in UAE, in case they leave it, they must comply with the following health and technical requirements:
- Identified by microchip.
- accompanied with authorized veterinary certificate issued by the competent authorities in the exporting country.
- vaccinated against rabies prior exiting UAE, and this vaccination is valid on returning and in case that the vaccine is not valid before the returning, the animal will be dealt with the conditions of first import of dogs and cats
- They will be accompanied with a copy of the veterinary health certificate issued by the Ministry while exiting.
Restricted Dogs Species
Ban on the following dog strains and species import into the United Arab Emirates:
- Pit bulls
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed of dog
- American Pit Bull Terrier breed of dog
- American Staffordshire Terrier breed of dog
- American Bully
- Mastiff Dogs
- Brazilian Mastiff (Fila Brasiliero)
- Argentinian Mastiff (Dogo Argentino)
- Any Mastiff or Hybrid
- Japanese tosa or hybrid
- Rottweilers breed or hybrid
- Doberman Pinschers
- Canario Presa
- Any mixed breed of above breeds of dog or their Hybrid